Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today 3/9/10






I went to school early to make up missed drum lessons, I got all the practice questions in Calc for the Calc test on Thursday (I'm a little bit worried about it, but not too bad. I just need to sit down and read the book.) and I finally withdrew from the voice lessons. Now i'm gonna have drum lessons on alternating Thursday mornings.

I got out of school early, and I didn't want to study math yet because I had just studied it in class. I stopped into the cemetery to visit the geese. Then, I decided to go to Rye and just see how to get to this Marshland Conservancy that I plan on visiting next week. When I got there, I just needed to get out into the sun so I ran around and up a hill/field thing. I went through some woods and saw the ocean. I ran towards the ocean and saw all the muddy marsh. It looked so strange, like Mars or something. Very cool. When I got out of the woods I continued up the field path and found some trails. There was this one trail that went way down towards the water, of course that was the one I took. A squirrel stared at me from a tree as I walked by and screamed at me. It continued screaming until I was about a quarter mile away. It was about 1:30pm. The smell was very oceany, but in a really good way (not like rotting fish). It was really pretty down by the water, there were gulls and swans. There were deer hoof marks on the beach. I have never seen deer marks on a beach. The woods were like right next to the ocean though. There were minnows in a little stream nearby the water, the whole thing was a surprise. I didn't expect to see and smell the ocean like that. I was very happy. I was getting tired, and I knew i'd be back next week, so I went back to the car.



No comments: